About this site
Welcome to our Hieratische Paläographie DB!
This is a retrieval system for hieratic scripts; it uses IIIF format images (owned by the Asian Research Library of the University of Tokyo) of Georg Möller's Hieratische Paläographie (1909–12).
We hope this platform is useful for everyone who has an interest in Hieratic scripts.
HDB (Hieratic Database) Project Team
- Masakatsu NAGAI, Associate Professor, Uehiro Project for the Asian Research Library, The University of Tokyo.
- Toshihito WAKI, Associate Professor, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Yona TAKAHASHI, Research Associate, Research Institute for Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies.
- Satoru NAKAMURA, Assistant Professor, Historiographical Institute, The University of Tokyo.
- 31, Jan.,2021: Updated: Contents of “Number part” and “Ligature part” were added. Metatada, Display item, RDF data, and UI were modified.
- 9, Nov., 2020: Updated: Japanese page, Item detail page, RDF data, and SSG functionality were added.
- 11, Dec., 2019: Uploaded the data of Möller No.1 to 613bis, vols.1-3.